CorpNet LLC Service Review (Should You Choose Them?)
CorpNet is ranked #6 in our best LLC formation services list
Getting your new business off the ground can be really challenging. Especially if the first issues are all sorts of legal hurdles that come with forming your LLC.
Gladly, there are dozens of LLC formations companies that can help you with that. And today we will thoroughly dissect and review CorpNet’s services.
Since like we mentioned there are dozens of great LLC creation companies – it can be a challenge on its own to select the one that suits your and your business the best.
Here you will see how CorpNet stands out from the public; we will review their pricing, service packages, pros and cons, add-ons, their existing customer reviews and much more!
So continue reading below to make the best decisions before you form your new LLC!
CorpNet’s Quick Overview
Sneak a Peek: CorpNet Got 7.2/10
Since 1997, CorpNet has maintained its name as the smartest, most affordable, reliable, and convenient partner in putting up a business with good standing and corporate compliance. Together with its partner business professionals, CorpNet has helped almost a million entrepreneurs set up and grow their businesses – proof that it is one of the leaders in the business formation industry. Given these, they only deserve to be known further and to be reviewed thoroughly.
Through this review, you will get a wider view of what CorpNet offers, of what more they could offer, and of what alternatives could be more than CorpNet. But first, have a glimpse of what to expect from this review.
Main Review Points:
- Cost Efficiency
- Customer Service
- Ease of Process
- Service Speed
This review highlighted these factors that matter most for customers when it comes to companies like CorpNet as well as to help you decide whether to hit that “Sign Up” button or not.
In the end, we arrived with a score of 7.2/10 for CorpNet. Why?
Indeed, CorpNet is working its best to provide all its services at the most affordable price. Although there are a lot of companies offering the same services, CorpNet has earned a dedicated customer base and has the experience to do the job right.
However, in terms of their plans’ prices, CorpNet seems not to care about how their competitors set the price and bundle their services that definitely invite customers. For instance, the cost of their basic service goes beyond the standard which new and budding formation companies only offer for around $50.
Despite these, CorpNet is still one of the most popular business formation companies due to its positive client feedback and satisfaction guarantee. These are nonetheless compelling reasons to learn more about CorpNet and discover what sets them apart from the alternatives.
In-Depth Corpnet’s Feature Review
To begin, we rated CorpNet based on the elements that are common to all LLC formation services and that clients value the most when assessing or selecting a business formation provider. This will help you determine if they are the perfect partner in incorporating.
Cost Efficiency – 7/10
With its packages, CorpNet provides a decent overall value. While not as comprehensive as other firms’ packages – particularly the Basic package’s basic registered agent service – you still get a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which beats other companies. You also get a full year of registered agent service if you upgrade to any of their premium bundles which makes them enticing and worth a try still.
Reliability – 8/10
Again, CorpNet has been in the business for such a long time. Since 1997, the couple who manage this business has been busy mastering and improving the LLC formation industry. Because of these, they helped more than 100,000 businesses to thrive, to be highest grossers, and to be leaders in the US market.
Customer Service – 8/10
CorpNet’s customer service is one of its most attractive assets. With their basic plan, you will be provided with customer support for five days a week while on a higher tier, you will have access to their customer service via phone, text, and email 24/7.
Ease of Use – 8/10
Honestly, CorpNet’s overall process is simple, fast, and feels like you are just purchasing a product from an online store. The website is simple to navigate and provides a thorough explanation of most of the services available but if you are still not satisfied, their knowledge-base is just a click away.
A detailed breakdown of their bundles, a list of add-ons and their prices are all available as well. However, the total might be surprising at the end of the process if you only consider the cost on their website initially and not mind that the state fee is not included on these yet.
Service Speed – 5/10
The LLC filing packages offered by CorpNet include all of the essentials that you would expect from such a service. They will check to see whether your name is available, file your articles of incorporation, and walk you through the state filing process. However, processing time can take up to 30-40 business days on average. You can only shorten the processing time to 5-7 business days by using their Rush Filing Service.
CorpNet Scored 7.2/10!Go tocorpnet.com
Now that you have the main and basic idea of what CorpNet is about – let’s move to to more extensive overview about their service packages and pricing.
CorpNet Service Plans, Their Features and Pricing
Currently, CorpNet offers three LLC formation options: Basic, Deluxe, and Complete. Unlike the majority of competitors, CorpNet excludes their $29 shipping fee in their pricing models.
To better understand their plans and the reasons for their costs, take a look at the full list of services that each package features
1. Basic Package ($108)
Overview: This package will best work for entrepreneurs who want to set up and run their business quickly, but also want to spend as little money as possible on LLC paperwork and are comfortable filing an EIN themselves.
The Basic bundle is so far their most economical option and you will get all the inclusions of this package below for $108 plus state fees.
What’s included in the Basic package:
- Articles of Incorporation: The articles of incorporation spell forth the rights and responsibilities of the company’s partners and clients. It must also provide your company’s name, address, and service of process agents.
CorpNet will prepare these documents for you and file them with your state of formation to start your new company.
- Name Availability Check: CorpNet will check official records to see if the name you want to use is available. In the long run, this service will save you a lot of time and work.
- Corporate Compliance Tool: CorpNet B.I.Z. is a system that reminds users of important dates such as tax filings and annual reports. You can also store and print business documents using it.
- 60-day FREE Registered Agent Service: CorpNet will be in charge of receiving and transmitting all critical documentation on your behalf, as well as keeping your information confidential. In addition, if you need to do court filing or to respond to an IRS enquiry, CorpNet will represent you and ensure that you receive and respond to them on time.
This package, once again, is only valid for 60 days. You will have to pay $149 annually after the trial to add this to your plan.
2. Deluxe Package ($228)
Overview: The Deluxe plan is great for anyone looking for a variety of useful features at a fair price, as well as those who prefer minimal paperwork involved in forming an LLC and those who want to receive a full year of registered agent service.
This is considered the best package of CorpNet that includes all of the benefits of the basic plan and an important service that you will surely like. This bundle will only cost you $228 plus state fees.
What’s included in the Deluxe package:
- Everything from the basic package, plus…
- One Year Registered Agent Service: In all 50 states, a registered agent is a must, and CorpNet will provide a year’s worth of this service.
You can acquire registered agent service from CorpNet for $149 each year after your first year, but you are not obligated to do so.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): For your business, an EIN is similar to a Social Security Number (SSN). CorpNet will obtain this number from the Internal Revenue Service on your behalf.
- Document Preparation in 24 Hours: Within 24 hours after your purchase, they will send your fully prepared forms to your state.
- Printing and Delivery: A hard copy of your formation documents will be mailed to you by CorpNet.
3. Complete Package ($278)
Overview: If you do not want to deal with the hassles of processes and tasks like getting an EIN, drafting an operating agreement, and other procedures that require so much of your time and effort and that might slow down the process of launching a business, then Complete bundle is perfect for you.
This package costs $278 plus state fees and includes everything available in the first two service bundles, plus additional necessities that will keep your business completely rolling for years.
What’s included in the Complete package:
- Everything from the Deluxe package, plus…
- LLC Operating Agreement: This document spells out your company’s ownership structure as well as some ground rules for how the LLC will operate. This customized document will be entirely created by CorpNet for you.
- LLC Kit and Seal: Your company’s name will be printed on a decorative binder and will be engraved on your official seal.
CorpNet Service Add-ons
Even if you are on a tight budget or you are still learning your business and formation services, CorpNet, just like its competitors, offers other services which you can match to your business needs.
Whenever a needed service arises during the initial run of your business, you can just visit their site to order any of the services we lined up below. This is also intended to give you an idea of how much you will spend on personalizing your plan and to help you curate the best experience with CorpNet.
- EIN ($69): Although it is really quite easy to get your own EIN, CorpNet offers this service as well to lessen your workload. For $69, which is $1 less than the standard charge for this, CorpNet will obtain EIN on your behalf.
- Registered Agent Service ($149): As said, all 50 states require a business to have a registered agent. If you sign up with CorpNet’s most affordable plan, you have this as a 60-day trial. But, if you avail any of their premium plans, you have a year to use this service for free. After the expiration of the trial or the free service, you can renew this for $149 annually.
- Operating Agreement ($99): Once you put up an LLC, you will need an operating agreement, and CorpNet will design one for you for $99. Thus, we do not highly recommend availing this from CorpNet as most alternatives charge only a third of this price for the identical service.
- Annual Report ($89): Most states require entrepreneurs to submit an annual or biennial report – a report that keeps the state up to date on some essential information about your company. So far, if you compare it to others’ rates, this is a definitely decent price.
- Business License Research Package ($149): The type of license you’ll need is determined by your activity, industry, and even the city and state where you’ll be based. CorpNet will assess your business structure and provide you with only the documents you’ll need to stay in compliance with authorities, saving you from so much hassle with the many variations of this license.
Though the purpose of this service is good, the fact that many of its competitors only charge around $100 for this service makes it not a good deal at all.
- Payroll Tax Registration ($199): CorpNet will set up accounts for withholding and unemployment tax obligations for your business. Corpnet is one of the few business formation companies that offer this kind of service so this is for sure an attractive and worth it add-on to avail.
- Sales Tax Registration ($199): With a competitive price of $199, CorpNet will register your company with your state, county, and/or municipal authorities for sales and use taxes.
- LLC Dissolution ($249): Regardless of the reason for your company’s closing, you must file with the state and notify them of your dissolution. If you don’t, you could face a range of consequences.
To avoid this, CorpNet will help you with every aspect of your dissolution paperwork and ensure that it will be successful. The industry-standard charge for dissolution service however, is roughly $150 which makes this grossly overpriced service.
- Foreign Qualification ($199): If you are planning to expand your business into another state, there is no need to file for formation. Instead, you must submit a foreign qualification to your target state.
In terms of cost, this is pretty acceptable but unimpressive when compared to alternatives that offer this for around $100 to $150 only.
- Amendments ($149): When you submit articles of amendment, you are explicitly explaining the changes to your company and ensuring that everyone is informed of the situation, from the authorities to the customers. For $149 plus the state cost, CorpNet will submit amendments. Same is far more than the $99 most competitors charge for this service.
- Reinstatements ($299): Do you wish to bring a previously dissolved LLC back to life? For $299, CorpNet will file the necessary papers to reboot your business. Although this is not budget-friendly, the majority of alternatives out there do not offer this service, making CorpNet one of a kind.
- S Corporation Tax Election ($99): This is the paperwork you will need to file if you want your LLC to be taxed as a S company. This service is, however, $50 higher than the cost of the same service from most of its rivals.
- DBA Name ($79): A Doing Business As (DBA) application is required to get a trading name – a name that will inform regulators and authorities about who you are and the nature of your business.
If you need a trading name, CorpNet can provide you with a seamless DBA file as long as you give all of the necessary information to begin the process. CorpNet’s $79 price point is extremely competitive when compared to the $100 standard cost.
- Trademark Search and Registration ($299): CorpNet will conduct a search of the federal trademark database on your behalf and submit your application in as little as 48 hours. However, you can purchase this same offer for up to $100 less from most competitors.
- Legal Entity Conversion (Pricing is Confidential): If you want to convert your corporation to an LLC or vice versa, CorpNet will file all the necessary paperwork for you. But, you will need to contact them personally for your inquiries and for a quote. Majority of its competitors do not offer conversion services at all so this is definitely one of their assets.
Customers Feedback of CorpNet’s Services
Given the length of its clients’ experience, their business expertise, and their wide-range offerings, CorpNet garnered consistently high customer ratings in different online platforms.
In TrustPilot, as previously stated, they got 4.7 stars (here is Corpnet’s Trustpilot profile). Meanwhile, they got 4.5 stars in both Google and Yelp (check their Yelp review here). Surprisingly they can boast a 4.9/5 rating on Trustlink.org.
Below, we also lined up its features which are mostly mentioned and commended by their customers:
- Customer Service: Customers have praised CorpNet’s customer service for their product knowledge and readiness to accompany clients through the complete formation process.
- Great Deluxe and Complete Plans: Despite the many drawbacks of their basic bundle, most customers see light in CorpNet’s well-curated Deluxe and Complete plans that both offer so much services with a registered agent on the side. Customers consider both packages to be really helpful in setting up their businesses completely.
Pros and Cons of Corpnet
- Customer Reviews: Most of CorpNet’s online feedback is evidently exceptional with its hundreds of positive consumer evaluations around the web. It is difficult to beat its near-perfect client feedback in TrustPilot where over 500 reviews gave them a 4.7 stars.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: With their 100% satisfaction guarantee covering each of their services, you are assured that if you find any reason to be dissatisfied with your LLC formation, you will be refunded with all the expenses you paid to CorpNet without any other questions asked.
- Length of Experience: For more than 20 years, the husband and wife tandem running CorpNet, with their mastery of the business and them being family-oriented, managed to assist more than 100,000 entrepreneurs – from filing to finally putting up their dream businesses
- Customer Service: CorpNet’s responsive and professional customer service, which is their most praised aspect, is another advantage. On business days, their lines are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. If you prefer to speak with a Spanish representative, they also provide bilingual assistance.
- Lacking Basic Bundle: Their Basic LLC creation plan only offers 60 days of registered agent service whereas, you can obtain a full year from other more competent LLC formation services for a more affordable price.
- High Pricing: Compared to other LLC formation service providers — Corpnet is on the high-end of the pricing chart. Thus, making it not the best or cost-efficient option, considering the services that you get.
Is Corpnet The Best Choice For You?
Like shoes, they are not made to fit everyone’s feet. There are certain conditions that you also need to consider before hitting the “Sign Up” button.
When TO USE Corpnet?
- If you highly regard excellent customer service and nearly perfect reviews.
- If you want assurance and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- If you are in search of a dependable and experienced business formation firm.
When NOT TO USE them?
- If you have a tight budget but would like to have a full year of registered agent service. (The alternatives below would be worth visiting.)
Best Substitutes and Alternatives for CorpNet
Although CorpNet is a good option for an LLC service, there are dozens of other options, such as ZenBusiness and Northwest Registered Agent, that may better suit your demands and budget.
Alternative #1: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is our highly recommended CorpNet alternative. Their cheap rates make them the most cost-effective option. ZenBusiness offers LLC service for as little as $39, which covers a full year of registered agent service.
Alternative #2: Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is another option to consider when incorporating an LLC. Customers praise them for their simple LLC formation solutions. Despite the fact that their costs are higher than CorpNet’s, all of their service packages include a full year of registered agent service, making their plan pricing more affordable and wallet-friendly.
When it comes to LLC formation deals, CorpNet falls halfway in the middle. They have reasonable prices, feature sets, and user reviews, all of which combine to make them a viable choice for forming your LLC. Their packages include everything you will need to launch a profitable business, as well as some bonuses. Their personalized approach, 100% satisfaction guarantee, and highly praised customer service make them appealing.
However, some competitors, such as Zen Business and Northwest Registered Agent, can match CorpNet’s pricing while also providing more sophisticated features.
CorpNet, on the other hand, could still be considered a good LLC formation service provider as numerous client testimonials on reputable sources attest to their professionalism and dependability. Despite the fact that this company is not among the industry’s leaders, if you find yourself interested in CorpNet, you can definitely click that “Sign Up” button.
What is CorpNet?
Philip and Nellie Akalp established CorpNet, an incorporation service that can help you incorporate a firm, register an LLC, submit a DBA, and close a company in all 50 states. They worked with business professionals such as attorneys, CPAs, and others to help more than half a million entrepreneurs launch their enterprises.
Is CorpNet Legit?
As aforementioned, CorpNet has been serving and being trusted by almost a millions of clients across the United States. Google, Trustpilot, and Yelp have records of customer reviews and testimonials proving this company’s legitimacy and work over the years.
How Much is CorpNet”s Registered Agent Service?
CorpNet offers Registered Agent Service for $149. One year of service is included if you choose the Deluxe or Complete plan and it automatically renews annually.
Which CorpNet Package Should I Buy?
We highly advise you to avail any of the Deluxe and Complete packages. Not only do you get your LLC or incorporation service and a registered agent with any of these but, you will also get almost all the services you need to run and maintain the momentum of your business for years.
Will CorpNet Help With Compliance Requirements?
CorpNet helps entrepreneurs meet the compliance requirements for their business. They have a free online business compliance and monitoring tool called CorpNet’s Compliance Portal, which keeps you organized and in-the-know about approaching business compliance obligations.
What Is Their Refund Policy and is it easy to get a refund?
Yes. If you are not pleased with the quality of the service provided, CorpNet will refund your money in full. You have 60 days from the date of purchase to ask for a refund. So yes, it’s quite easy.
How Quick Is The Overall Process?
The length of time it takes for CorpNet to process your application is determined by the requirements of the state in which you choose to register your firm.
In most cases, standard processing takes 30-40 business days. If you do not want to wait, you can pay an extra cost for expedited processing. By choosing their Rush Filing Service, you can reduce the processing time to 5-7 business days.
So should you consider choosing CorpNet for my LLC?
Corpnet is one of the oldest LLC creations services out there. That means they have a lot of experience and they surely have great customer reviews. Although, they’re not the most innovative company.
Surely, they won’t disappoint you, but if you’re looking to get a new LLC with a tight budget – you might want to consider some alternatives that we gave earlier in this review.
Not Sure About This One? Read Our Other LLC Service Reviews
#1: ZenBusiness review.
#3: IncFile review.
#4: IncAuthority Review.
#5: Nolo review.
#6: MyCorporation review.
#7: CorpNet review.
#8: Rocket Lawyer review.